Hockey Referee Alabama
Becoming a great hockey referee takes a great deal of time and effort, and the rewards for those who love the game and choose to follow this path extend far beyond the game fees.
What are the major requirements?
– New officials must register online with the USA Hockey with annual registration fee.
– Must attend and complete an officiating seminar administrated by USA Hockey.
– Completed Levels registrations or higher within the last two seasons.
What are the minor requirements?
– USA Hockey has no age restrictions for officiating. However in an effort to prevent people from registering and not being able to work due to labor laws they encourage to contact USA Hockey District Referee-in-Chief before registering. Generally, officials can successfully officiate as young as age ten years-old.
– If candidate is over 18 or older a background check will be needed. Minors will require the signature of a parent or guardian on the agreement between District/State Hockey Official.
– All officials should bring a notebook, a pen/pencil, whistle, skates, helmet, protective equipment.
How much does the test cost?
The test cost is $35.00 + Applicable Affiliate Fee.
How much does the class cost?
The test cost is $0.
How long is the class?
The duration of classes is 8 hours.
What is the minimum passing score requirement for the class/test?
The minimum passing score is over 70%.
How much does it pay per game?
The payment is not specified.
Where can you sign up for the test/training?
Southern Amateur Hockey Association
Are online study guides/practice tests/courses/training/testing available?
Yes the online study guide/practice tests/courses/training/testing are available please check the links bellow:
Are you required to attend any local meetings? If so how many?
Yes, All USA Hockey Officials must attend an entire seminar (Classroom & Ice) each year to complete their registration.