Basketball Referee Rhode Island
Basketball referee training and certification is done on a state by state basis, you will find below the test training center and some information about how to become a basketball referee. All the basketball referee levels may differ from state to state.
What are the major requirements?
– Register Local Officials Association.
– Register High School Activities Association.
– First year official or a new official to a sport, must complete a Local Board Training Class.
– Successfully pass the Background check.
What are the minor requirements?
– Must be at least 16 years of age to referee junior high school and recreation league basketball.
– Must be at least 18 years of age to referee high school basketball.
– Good physical condition.
– A good attitude, rules knowledge and a clean, well fitting uniform.
How much does the test cost?
The test cost is $10.
How much does the class cost?
The class cost is $0.
How long is the class?
The duration of classes is 1.5 hour to 2 hours.
What is the minimum passing score requirement for the class/test?
The minimum passing score for NFHS is 75% and IAABO is 86%.
How much does it pay per game?
The payment is not specified.
Where can you sign up for the test/training?
NEWPORT COUNTY OFFICIAL’S ASSOCIATION
Address: PO Box 523 NEWPORT, RI 02840
Are online study guides/practice tests/courses/training/testing available?
Yes the online study guide/practice tests/courses/training/testing are available please check the links bellow:
Are you required to attend any local meetings? If so how many?
No, you are not required to attend any local meetings.